Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Standoff

So Sunday night I made a roast with potatoes and carrots. Well Caden decided that he didn't like anything on his plate (not that this is that unusual with Caden.) Eli told him that if he couldn't at least try everything on his plate that he couldn't have any of his Halloween candy. I thought that would do the trick for sure, but alas it did not and so the the standoff began...




From the look on his face you would think all I had offered him was brussell sprouts
and cooked spinach!


Now I know how my Mom felt. I happened to be a pretty picky eater myself. I remember spending ALOT of time sitting at the table after everyone else had finished. So who do you think won the standoff???



I am happy to report that this round went to the parents!!!!

4 comments:

Katie said...

that is hilarious! yeah, i remember sitting at the table when all the lights had been turned off and most everyone was in bed, refusing to eat my green beans! so funny! its nice to see new pictures, though, we really miss you guys!

Shian said...

Congratulations on your big win. Those food battles are so exhausting.

Our Family said...

HAHAHA!! We had the SAME battle with Elliott and clam chowder this week... Miss you!

Crystal said...

Too funny! I do remember those days and my mom making me sit there. Something with Okra comes to mind...yuck!!! But now it's our turns and the standoffs begin.